Thursday 4 July 2013

I've Discovered the Cure For Breakage! !

Hi guys  so we have been on this hair journey for 9wks and already I have learnt sooooo much. I would like to share what I have learnt with u soo u don't have to make those mistakes cos every strand we can say is worth it! Hahahhahahah
Ok so here it goes!

1. When it comes to moisturizing ur hair pls say away from any synthetic product. I was using the olive oil intensiVe moisturizer. My sister and I quickly realized that all these factory based products only coat the hair shaft and lock the moisture out thus leaving the actual strand dry and brittle. Using this product daily caused my hair to break badly. The best moisturizer for hair are nayural oils! COCONUT OIL is actually the best cos its the only one with molecules small enough to penetrate the hair shaft. Once I started using this the breakage reduced drastically.

2. I have decided never to use heat on my hair! Yes guys I said it! NO HEAT. I have found ways so style my hair without using heat. I do an air dried roller set and the results are amazing. And guys my hair has started to change texture. I previously used to go under the hooded dryer every wednesday and that left my hair dry and brittle. So now I just let my hair air dry in the rollers. Curls are bouncy and soft. Pls try it.
Note that it takes about 4hrs for hair to dry. So be ready to walk around the house in ur rollers.


3. Wrap ur hair to sleep! I can stress this enough. Just one day of not wraping ur hair to sleep on a cotton pillow can suck out all the moisture in ur hair.



4. Now guys finally PRE POOING. Before I go to have my hair washed I drench my hair in coconut oil and wear a plastic cap for 2hrs. This gives my hair some deep moisture and prepares my hair for the chemicals in the shampoo. Everytime we wash our hair we strip it of its natural oil. Thus the coconut oil increases the moisture level so as to allow some moisture be left after washing!

Ok guys that is my cure for breakage! Pls try these 4 tips and write back and let me know how it goes for u. As u can see from the pictures ! My curls look shinny and bouncy without any oil in it! This is the air dry roller set result!

So join me guys and let grow naija hair

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting,
We love hearing from you!