Wednesday 25 September 2013

Relaxer Update

Hi guys, sorry I've been away! Had my appendix taken out( ouch!!!).

So last time we spoke I told u I was on a journey to stretch my relaxer to 16wks. I regret to say I could only do 13wks. This is because while I was in hospital I could not care for my hair properly and was experiencing breakage at the back of my head. I think this is because I kept lying on my back. So there was too much pressure to that area of my scalp. So I decided to relax my hair as soon as I got out of hospital.

Ok so I hope that's a good enough excuse for not reaching my goal lol! Now to the results of my relaxer and what is my impression on stretching relaxers.

My hair definitely grew about an inch and a half. The new growth was thick and very healthy. I also noticed that the texture of the relaxed new growth was thicker , more shiny and definitely smoother and softer compared to my previously relaxed parts. I from research i realized that relaxing my hair every 6wks was damaging my hair follicles so they could not produce healthy strong hair. Relaxers actually damage ur scalp if done frequently. Thus  my hair was getting over processed. I knew this bit of science was true cos the difference between my newly relaxed new growth and my previously relaxed hair was so much that now I understand why people stretch their relaxers now!!!

Now that was the PROS of stretching my relaxer. The CONS were Since I was not taking proper care of my hair during the later part of my stretch I lost quite a bit of hair and my hair dresser had to do a trim. She trimmed of a whole inch! I was so sad! But I prefer healthy hair than just long hair so I quickly cheered up!.

So now I have done a lot of research on how to successfully stretch ur relaxer and also care for ur hair during stretching. My sister and I discovered this nigerian girl who is currently on a hair journey and her hair is waist length. Yes u guys heard me WAIST LENGTH. Amazing. In my next post I will be putting up her hair regimen and how she did it.

I have decided to follow her wig regimen and stretch my relaxer to 20wks. I am currently at 2wks post relaxer. This is a challenge I'm taking up and who ever is willing to go on this challenge with me pls leave a comment and send us an email with before pics. We will be giving out a really cool prize to the person with the best results at the end of this challenge. Before and after pics would be required.

So my conclusion is stretching ur relaxer not only protects ur hair follicles from damage , it gives u thicker hair. But to reap the full benefits of stretching u must protect ur hair during the stretch.

 

Sooo come on guys let's grow naija hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting,
We love hearing from you!