Monday 20 May 2013

Hair Regimen ... The simple version

Hey Everyone!
So it's time to let you know just exactly how we are going to pull off this no heat madness and help our hair GROW, GROW, GROW!!!
Since we're different people with different hair, personalities and levels of obsession (lol) .... Mide & I will have different regimens. Mine will be the simple, less fuss version cos that's all I have the patience for.
So here it goes: I'm going to be doing a 9 week regimen, that is I will repeat my cycle every nine weeks beginning with my relaxer and co-washing when I feel like. For those who don't know what co-washing is its basically washing your hair with conditioner. We'll have a more detailed post/video about that later. But for now on with the regimen!

The Regimen

Week 1: Relaxer & Steam
Week 2: Deep Condition
Week 3: Clarifying Wash + Protein Treatment
Week 4: Deep Condition
Week 5: Steam Treatment
Week 6: Deep Condition
Week 7: Clarifying Wash + Protein Treatment
Week 8: Deep Condition
Week 9: Relax & Steam

As you can see I'm not doing much and it should be pretty easy to follow. Here's a description of each treatment. (Don't worry we'll have more detailed info about each later)

Relaxer: Chemical straightening (I wish I didn't have to but if I don't my hair will break sooo bad) as my hair gets stronger I'll start stretching out my relaxers more and more.
Deep Condition:  Drench hair in conditioner and hair mix (more about the hair mix in a later post) let it sit under a plastic cap for at least 45mins and air dry
Clarifying Wash: Strips the hair of all the product that has been building up in the hair. Keeps the hair light & bouncy but can be very drying so make sure hair is conditioned properly.
Protein Treatment: Protein is the outer covering of the hair. Adding back protein helps strengthen and protect the hair.

So that's it my entire hair regimen!
Subscribe on to the blog/ on youtube to get details on everything, video walkthrough tips & tricks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting,
We love hearing from you!